Get High-Quality Oral Sedation Dentistry in Chandler
Going to the dentist can be scary. At our practice, we know patients who get nervous about visiting our offices. Some feel embarrassed or don’t want to tell us this, but we understand. There’s no reason to be ashamed of these normal fears.
That’s why our Chandler, AZ, practice offers sedation dentistry, which allows patients to be sedated during their dental procedures. We use several different types of sedation, including IV and oral, as well as nitrous oxide, more commonly known as laughing gas.
Why do we have a sedation dental practice? In Chandler, AZ, and elsewhere, patients who are scared to visit the dentist often skip appointments. They may avoid the dentist for years, which can lead to serious oral hygiene problems. Ironically, they often end up needing the sort of in-depth procedures they are most terrified of, which could have been avoided with regular checkups and dental care. Sedation offers a way to help these people relax and get the care they need.
Why Choose a Sedation Dental Practice?
You may benefit from a sedation dentist in Chandler, AZ, if you have experienced:
- Fear of the dentist
- Past traumas at the dentist
- Complex dental issues
- A strong gag reflex
- Dislike of needles or shots
- Embarrassment about the state of your teeth
Questions About Dental Sedation
Before you get IV, gas or oral sedation at the dentist in Chandler, AZ, you may have some questions:
- Will I Be Awake During My Procedure? Yes. Our sedation methods will relax you but not knock you out. You may feel pleasantly out of touch with your body, as though you’re about to doze off during the dental procedure.
- When Can I Get Sedation and What Procedures Can Be Done? You can request sedation for any dental procedures. We work with our patients to ensure we get as much as possible done when they’re in the chair. In fact, we can perform up to two years’ worth of dental work in a single checkup if needed. That makes it easy to squeeze an appointment into your busy schedule.
We can do any of the following during a visit to our Chandler, AZ, sedation dental practice:
- Clean your teeth
- Replace dentures and crowns
- Whiten your teeth
- Fill cavities
- Fix chipped or broken teeth
- Perform root canals
- How Long Will I Be Under Sedation? The answer varies depending on what type of sedative you take and what procedure you are having done, but generally sedation lasts two to six hours.
- Should I Line Up a Ride Home? It will take a while for the effects of the sedative to wear off, so we recommend arranging for someone to pick you up from our office.
Why Choose Valley Dental Care for Your Sedation Dentistry?
If you’re considering sedation dentistry, Valley Dental Care is proud to offer the best sedation services in Chandler. Dr. Varda has an Arizona issued sedation permit, and he is also a Fellow in the Dental Organization for Conscious Sedation. You can rest assured that at Valley Dental Care, you will find the qualifications, and experience, necessary to make your dental experience a positive one.
Schedule Your Sedation Dentistry Appointment
Does sedation sound like something that would benefit you? We’d love to discuss it with you further. Contact Valley Dental Care to set up an appointment to talk about using sedation at your next procedure.